Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Half way through the wrok week...yeah!

I went to Clare and Josh's house tonight after work to see there new Chicks. They got 7 Rhode Island Reds and 7 Americana. They are so cute....Jack kept taking them out to hold them, and for Aunt Moe to hold them. SO I held some chicks several times tonight. He was so excited about his chickens. He stutters a little so it is adorable to hear him talk about things that excite him because the more excited he gets the more he stutters. When I was there I got to see Clare’s cob progress, she is putting the metal roof on now, it is so neat, and I can't wait until it is done. They are such amazing people.
Work has been good for the last few days. I have had a lot of very good talks with Adam my Supervisor. It was funny, the other day I was on my break, sitting on the tail gate of my truck just about to let Matt go on the phone when Adam walked up, I said good bye to Matt and started talking to Adam about Credit Cards. It was a long story 30 minutes long. It was great talking to him.
I have been working on my attic in my spare time, since we just moved here a couple of months ago there are still things in boxes in the attic, most of the stuff that is up there are boxes of our past. So, I am going through the boxes one at a time. Decided if it something that I want to hang onto or something that I am ready to get rid of. It has been a long, good, cleansing, did I say long process, at this rate I will be done by say...June...Who knows, mementoes from the past are funny things, some remind us how far we have come, but others remind us of what we wanted to be and where we went wrong along the line of becoming the person we wanted to be when we grew up.
Don't get me wrong, I love the person that I am, the caring, loving, devoted person. The girl that would give you the clothes off of her back, any food she had, and if she happened to have any cash if you needed that you could have that too. I just did not see myself working at a home depot when I was 31 years old. Not that it is a bad job, because as far as jobs go it is not really a bad one, but I saw myself doing far more then this at this point of my life. When I was younger, I remember thinking that by the time that I was 30 I would have a couple of kids that I would be shuffling back in forth from soccer practice, ballet and anything else they were involved in at the time. I would be baking cupcakes for school parties (using my schooling well:) )I would have some part time job at some sort of social agency doing the best I could to change the world in between dentist appointment and field day. I am not changing the world today (unless you count teaching people about the many green products that home depot carries or can special order for you)...Just working at a job, paying the bills and trying to fit everything I want to do into the little bit of time I do have to do the things that I want to do in.
I don't know if I went wrong somewhere in my life to be so far off the path that I thought that I should be on Or if I just have to have Faith that I am where I am suppose to be, that I did not do anything wrong, that I just had the wrong path in my head to start with...What are your thoughts?
Peace- Mo Fu

1 comment:

Matt F. said...

I wonder the same things myself. I DEFINITELY did not expect (nor want) to be doing what I'm doing where I'm doing it right now; especially not for such a pittance! I too hand grander schemes for my life by this time, especially since I'll be "middle aged" this year. *sigh*

Still, Life is a journey, not a destination (that would be Death, I suppose), and we are but at one stop along the way; a rest stop along the road, if you will. Let's just hope the next stop is a wonderful scenic view (or at least a restaurant.) *smile*